Saturday 28 June 2014

Are you taking fish oil and cow's milk powder during pregnancy? Beware as it can affect health of you baby!



My background is chemical engineering, so I know what is behind the colourful pills and tablets.

In short, I never take any supplement as I know they are made from chemicals and not natural which may even cause side effects to human health in long run.
http://www.precisionnutrition.com/all-about-vitamin-supplements

Furthermore, nowadays malnutrition is actually very rare and taking multi-vitamins or minerals supplements may cause over dose which could result in side effects.

As such, I didn't take any supplements prescribed by my gynae which includes multi-vits, calcium and iron pills for my both pregnancies. 

However during first pregnancy, I actually took fish oil supplements and pregnancy milk powder as those were the traditional source for DHA and proteins required for the baby in my womb. 

While for second pregnancy, with better understanding on nutritional immunology, I realized that we can actually obtain Omega 3 from plant source, which is safer as it has no risk of contamination as compared to fish oil.

So instead of fish oil, I took Oseed which is made of chia seed and kiwi seed. Its plant based omega 3 so its definitely safer and healthier.

Same for protein source, I chose Nutrifresh - which contains soy protein, a plant based protein. Hence, it does not contain any animal hormones or fats, making it the healthier choice.

So what is the difference with these two 'looks no big deal' changes? 

My experience is Jiaying is allergic to cow's milk protein and leads to eczema and prone to sinus problem, while Jiaxuan does not has such allergies problem.
https://nutritionalimmunologylifestyle.blogspot.sg/2014/07/are-you-dha-fans.html

Jinny
92963562

No comments:

Post a Comment