Wednesday 25 June 2014

HFMD


There was once both JY & JX were playing with their 2 years old cousin, the next day my SIL called me to ask me to monitor my gals because her son was down with HFMD, but both gals were fine.

Two weeks later, I brought them back to Malaysia to visit my mother. They played with my younger sister's 3 years old son. Guess what? The same episode repeated - my sister called me the next day that her son kena HFMD. And like earlier, both gals were fine too.

Before having kids, Hand Foot Mouth Disease HFMD just sound like a stranger to me. But I guess same with many parents out there, we are 'forced' to hear and learn a lot about HFMD especially after sending our kids to playgroup or childcare centre.

As HFMD is caused by virus, which is the same as cold and flu - no medicine other than your own immune system can cure.

As parents, we know the concerns of what to give our children, so I choose wholesome plant food to fight diseases and strengthen their immunity. 

So whenever I received notice from JY’s preschool that there are cases of HFMD in her school, I would usually increase her product intake to strengthen her immune system.

I will give mushroom powder which is high in polysaccharides that can effectively enhance immune function, help the body to ward off diseases. For example, the polysaccharides in ABM mushrooms are powerful anti-viral agents, preventing viruses and harmful substances from entering body tissues. 

Other than that, i will give her cactus juice - Cactus is a natural plant food that is rich in phytochemicals. Research has revealed many amazing benefits of cactus. It not only strengthen the immune system but also speed up wound healing.

So basically you can choose:
1. NI food
2. Basic food - what we eat daily (maybe you can add up fruits and vege)
3. Vitamins and mineral supplements
4. Medication, including TCM.

Which one is best for the immune system?

Quoting from CNA news on why HFMD usually on the rise in May and June:

"There is usually an increase in the number of HFMD cases in May and Jun. 

And according to doctor, it's because during the month of May and June, the climate is usually warmer, and when the weather is hot, the immune system tends to be a bit weaker.

And so it is possible that during this time, the virus for hand, foot and mouth disease can be transmitted more easily."

Do contact me if you like to know more on how to prevent HFMD more effectively :)

Jinny
92963562

No comments:

Post a Comment